On behalf of the Texas A&M Mays Business School’s Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship, welcome to the elite group of the 2016 Aggie 100. Your company made the Aggie 100 because of your hard work and dedication in building one of the 100 fastest growing Aggie owned or managed businesses in the world. We want you and your company to have the opportunity to gain additional value from this honor and have compiled this Media Kit web site to assist in those efforts.
Here are a few ideas on how to utilize the materials provided:
- Personalize the press release with your name, company, contact information, logo, and background information. Add a quote addressing the honor and how it relates to your company’s vision.
- Submit the release and a photograph to local media outlets, including newspapers, television, and radio stations. Don’t forget to include professional organizations to which you may belong, as well as your hometown media. If there’s a unique story about you or your business, include a brief statement in the transmittal (pitch) letter.
- Send the release and a photograph to industry publications (magazines, newsletters, online publications). (Hint: A follow-up call to media always helps improve the chances of the story getting published.)
- Add the press release and Aggie 100 logo to your web site; include a link to the official Aggie 100 web site at www.aggie100.com.
- Announce the honor on your Facebook, LinkedIn, or other new media page, link articles, press releases, and photos.
- Include the Aggie 100 logo on other corporate materials. Produce Aggie 100 labels and apply them to envelopes, invoices, and other corporate communication. This will generate conversation (“buzz”) between you, your clients, prospects, vendors, and employees.
- Review the Aggie 100 (2005-2015) lists. Are there companies on the list that would make good clients? Vendors? Referral sources? Send them a congratulatory letter, along with some information about your company. Make a telephone call or invite them to coffee or lunch. The Aggie network is strong. You and your firm are now a member of an even more exclusive network – here’s another opportunity to put it to work.
- Ask your marketing department or public relations firm to incorporate the award into your ongoing marketing efforts. If you do not have marketing resources at your disposal, please give us a call and we can help point you in the right direction. This is a great opportunity to publicize your company and its accomplishments.