The Marketing Specialist works closely with the Principal and Managing Director in delivering strong strategic marketing services to Hollinden clients. The Marketing Specialist must be flexible, highly adaptable, extremely well-organized, disciplined, and creative in addressing any situation that may arise. Most importantly, the Marketing Specialist must possess a strong sense of service in helping others, while finding personal reward in working in a high energy client-centric environment while maintaining a keen awareness that profitable jobs keep Hollinden a dynamic, viable organization.
Specifically, the job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Principal or Managing Director in developing marketing strategies, marketing plans, positioning, branding, marketing research, and other client marketing projects.
- Write marketing plans including strategic analysis, competition, positioning, messaging, tactics and budget.
- Write brand stories, positioning statements and brand messaging statements.
- Research industries and markets to identify growth opportunities for clients.
- Recommend and lead approach for primary and secondary research to support branding projects.
- Track notes from client meetings to ensure that projects and tasks are setup, noted and assigned.
- Assist Principal and Managing Director in keeping all projects / clients on budget.
- Work with Art Director on tracking rounds of changes on graphics projects, updating clients prior to incurring additional costs, and updating the time tracking system so that additional charges get billed.
- Set up new clients, projects and budgets in time tracking system.
- In-house Google Analytics, SEM, and SEO expert.
- Manage client’s social media accounts including development of monthly social media calendars, writing posts, posting and engaging followers.
- Implement digital marketing efforts – eMarketing, automation, video, etc.
- Create original content for eBlasts, press releases, brochures, etc.
- Manage and update client websites—working knowledge of LightCMS, Wordpress, etc. is a plus.
- Assist Managing Director with client invoicing.
- Assist with other office administration, as needed.
Skills & General Requirements
- Four-year college degree in marketing, business, public relations or related area, required.
- Three or more years marketing experience, excluding internships, required.
- Reliable, honest, energetic, and hard working.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent writing and grammar skills to ensure that all correspondence from Hollinden demonstrates a high level of professionalism and expertise.
- Close attention to detail.
- Professional presence.
If this sounds like the job for you, fill out the form below, send us your cover letter and resume, and we will review your information.